Indonesia's mangrove restoration plan faces a major hurdle, with less than a third of the target area is actually viable for restoration.
Minister pledges to "beat up" land mafia in Indonesia
Experts call for stronger land use planning as extent of Indonesian forest lost to coal mining is revealed
Shares of a private company with the rights to develop tourism facilities within a marine reserve in Indonesia have reappeared for auction later this month despite the government’s plan to annul an agreement with the firm.
Proposta é transformar parte do arquipélago em uma área para resort de luxo sustentável; iniciativa é alvo de preocupação de ambientalistas.
The Indonesian government has for the first time relinquished state forest into the custody of Indigenous communities in the eastern region of Papua
On the ground and in the courts, members of the Moi indigenous group are resisting oil palm expansion in West Papua, Indonesia
Indigenous groups in Indonesia ask EU for help enshrining rights as part of free-trade agreement
- The Harita Group holds a nickel mining concession covering about 1,000 hectares (2,500 acres) on Wawonii Island.
- The arrival of the mine has divided the community between those who support the development and farmers hoping to retain their fruit and nut trees.
El aumento de los precios de los alimentos tendrá implicaciones devastadoras para la seguridad alimentaria y la nutrición en el mundo, resalta el titular de la FAO.
Indonesia plans to expand protection of its seas to cover an area nearly the size of Germany by 2030 — and then tripling it by 2045.
- Expat demand for homes in Bali, Indonesia, is spiking.
- The spike is driven by the rise of remote work, a new second-home visa, and skyrocketing rents.
- "The last 18 months — I've never seen it been busier in Bali," said Nathan Ryan, the founder of Bali Realty.