CABI (Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International) is an international not-for-profit organization that improves people’s lives worldwide by providing information and applying scientific expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment.
Our approach involves putting information, skills and tools into people's hands. CABI's 48 member countries guide and influence our work which is delivered by scientific staff based in our global network of centres.
CABI's mission is to improve people's lives worldwide by providing information and applying expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment.
We achieve our mission by:
- Creating, managing, curating and disseminating information
- Putting know-how in people's hands
- Improving food security through climate smart agriculture and good agricultural practices
- Helping farmers to trade more of what they sow
- Supporting farmers by increasing their capacity to grow better quality crops, and fight pests and diseases
- Bringing science from the lab to the field
- Protecting livelihoods and biodiversity from invasive species and other threats
- Combating threats to agriculture and the environment
We are committed to playing our part in helping the world reach Sustainable Development Goals. Here we outline areas of focus where we believe we can make significant contributions to improving lives across the globe.