The village of Rampur, in the Dinajpur district of
Bangladesh, was established on public ‘khas’ land in 1953
by landless farmers. However, in the following decades,
different groups of local elites claimed the land and tried
to evict the villagers. Thanks to support from CDA, the
villagers resisted the harassment and false claims. In 2000
the court quashed the false claims; in 2001 the village was
beneficiary to a governmental land distribution scheme;
and in 2008-2009 the villagers were awarded formal
ownership of the land.
Authors and Publishers
Community Development Association (CDA) is a highly secular, non-partisan-non-Government Development Organization (NGDO) established in the year 1985-1986 in North Western Part of Bangladesh CDA gradually has been shifted its strategic position from charity to a Right based Organization now facilitating among the poorest, landless and marginal farmers along with the plain land indigenous people (IP) including the differently able men, women &youth with a view to empower, ensure and secure access to land Rights from its inception.