The Border Consortium (TBC), a non-profit, non-governmental organisation, is an alliance of partners working together with displaced and conflict-affected people of Burma/Myanmar to address humanitarian needs and to support community-driven solutions in pursuit of peace and development.
TBC is the main provider of food, shelter and other forms of support to approximately 92,000 refugees from Burma/Myanmar living in nine camps in western Thailand. It also supports recovery and community-driven development in conflict-affected areas in southeast Burma/Myanmar.
The Border Consortium is a Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Company number 05255598. Registered Office 35 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RL. Charity Commission registered number 1109476.
Today (May 2018) the consortium’s members consist of nine international non-governmental organisations (INGOs) from ten countries. They are:
- Act for Peace, The National Council for Churches (NCCA), Australia
- Christian Aid, UK and Ireland
- Church World Service, USA
- DanChurchAid, Denmark
- Diakonia, Sweden
- Interchurch Organisation for Development Cooperation (ICCO), The Netherlands
- Inter Pares, Canada
- International Rescue Committee, USA
- Norwegian Church Aid, Norway