This is a legal toolkit to help decision-makers use laws to reduce forest conversion and minimise the environmental and social impacts of deforestation. It offers countries a starting point to reform laws governing forest conversion.
Using legal analysis from nine tropical countries, the toolkit identifies key risks associated with unclear forest conversion laws and provides lawmakers with guidance on the questions they should ask themselves when writing or reforming forest conversion laws on five key areas:
· Clarity around the allocation of land
· Effective permits for those clearing forests
· Strict rules for timber from forest conversion
· Protection of the environment
· Recognition of communities’ rights
Autores e editores